Home Improvement Contractors
Contractor Registration and Home Improvement Contractors
Many states regulate Home Improvement Contractors or have Contractor Registrations. Some states require an exam and experience requirements while others just require registration and a bond.
Some states regulate through a separate Residential Board.
Home Improvement Commissions or State Contractors Boards regulating Residential Builders and Remodelers include:
- Maryland Home Improvement Commission
- Mississippi Remodeling License
- Rhode Island Home Improvement Contractor
- Connecticut Home Improvement
- Tennessee Home Improvement Contractor
- Louisiana Residential License
- South Carolina Residential Commission
- Pennsylvania Home Improvement
- New Jersey Home Improvement
- Massachusetts Home Improvement and Restricted License
- Michigan Residential Remodeler
- Minnesota Residential Remodeler
Fire Sprinkler Protection and Fire Alarm Licenses
Fire Alarm licenses, depending on how the state defines them, can be regulated under the electrical board or through the State Fire Marshal. Fire Sprinkler licenses are always regulated by the State Fire Marshal. States regulated Fire Protection Contractors:
Boiler License Assistance!
Public Works Contractor Licenses
Many states regulated contractors that Bid or work on public projects. To apply for a license to bid or work on Public Works projects contact API for Assistance.
Public Works Licenses Required
API provides license processing in the following licensing fields:
- Underground Tank Installer
- Water Well Driller
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Lead Abatement
- Access Control
- Low Voltage/Limited Energy License
- Fire Sprinkler
Department of Transportation (DOT)
You have to be pre-qualified to bid on Department of Transportation Projects in many states.
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
Well Drilling/Pump Installation
Many states regulate all licensing through the Contractors State License Board. Some states divide electrical and construction licensing with an Electrical Board and Construction Board. While others lump everything together under a Professional or Occupational Division.
Contractor License Types & Classifications we assist with listed below. Click the Attached Map for Nationwide Licensing.
- Low Voltage/ Limited Energy
- Residential/ Light Commercial
- Sheet Erection
- Roofing and Siding
- Commercial and Residential Pool/Spa
- Swimming Pool/Spa Service
- Residential Solar Water Heating Specialty
- Solar Power Plants
- Glass and Glazing
- Internal Pollutant Storage Tank Lining Applicator
- Movement of Building/ Demolition
- Mold Remediation
- Asbestos Abatement