Contractor Licensing in the Construction Industry
Let API help you obtain a Construction General Contractors License Nationwide
Need a construction license for your contracting business? There are two types of contractor licenses, registered and certified. A registered contractor can only perform work within the city or county that issued the contractor license, while a certified contractor is certified by the state and is allowed to work anywhere in the state on any type of construction project. To apply for a Certified General Contractor, the following steps are required.
- Age – The applicant must be at least 18 years old to qualify
- Experience – Provide proof of construction experience, including work as a foreman, and/or a construction related eduation.
- Exam – A two day open book exam that tests your financial skills and your knowledge in the construction trade
- Fee – An fee specified in the application payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Fee – Request a credit report from any of the 3 major credit reporting agencies, and submit credit check with your application
- Application – Contact us to help with the application process
API provides assistance with Contractor License Applications for General Contractors.
At API, our company understands how confusing and overwelming state licensing laws and procedures can be. The state license application often requires specific knowledge and resources to accurately provide the necessary information. Numerous applications are constantly denied because of mistakes on the application or in the required documentation.
Let the License Experts handle it!
Call today and speak with one of our experienced staff about your licensing needs. With over 10 years in the licensing industry, API has the knowledge and resources to handle all of your licensing needs.